All is not Economic.
1. Anyone causing illness in others, reduction in employability, must pay for the privilege.
2. Anyone substantially and for profit reduces others' quiet enjoyment of their environment and other essential aspects of human life, must pay for the privilege.
3. If you are a public or private nuisance, you pay.
You act, you cause negative impact, you pay.
See Gulf Oil Spill Health Hazards at ://www.sciencecorps.org/crudeoilhazards.htm;
What are the losses: Immeasusrable.
Lives diminished from loss of place, way of life.
1. Ads are paid propaganda.
BP multimillion dollar PR ad to assure us that they will make "it" right.
What is "it". Nothing.
BP in its ads says it will make things related to the Gulf of Mexico oil spill "right". It lists what it will make "right" -- including wildlife. BP gives no details: what do those words mean. What scope? What measures? And there is no reference to healing the health of people damaged by the crude, inhaled, absorbed, consumed. Why should our nascent healthcare system have to take on entire populations seeking care because of corporate malfeasance.
Nothing that BP says it will make "right" means anything to people's health. Making right is a cloud, words to serve and placate, limit calculations based on provable income, until people forget. Life is more than income. Is that so?
For the corporation, making something right means only to get back to where profits are to be made, and fast, regardless of whether anything or anyone is really made "right". Is that so?
Prove us wrong. BP: Amend your ad recurring in the New York Times ad that lists things you intend to make right. Wildlife and all that gunk cleanup, on water, in swamps, on beaches. Add humans.
2. BP: Health must be a compensable damage element.
Add people's health to the compensable damages list. Even if the person is not employed, is not employable, but is simply living.
What does BP mean or intend by its simplistic list. Just lists of the dead, like the plague. Bring our your dead! We will count you and bury you and grieve, but, of course, for a price.
- Look at the health-damaging, life-threatening, disease-causing disasters you are creating within human bodies. See http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19099-gulf-oil-spill-poses-unique-health-challenges.html/
- People, ordinary people without clout, demand (look at us little people demanding, how declasse, that you take care of all of us who have inhaled, ingested, are related to those whose burdens are then passed on to us, been exposed to, whose unborn kids are whatever because of it, take responsibility there as well.
BP to pay for the sick and the to-be-sick. Until they die. No medical bills. Pay cash. Put it into trust funds. In advance. Just give us your open-ended debit card. Thx. And for the tracking of the health of all involved in the cleanup or exposed as being in the area, as to their health needs. And pay that. Toodles.
Thank you, corporate nothings. Your ad is a fraud. And to you whose bottom lines are not particularly affected over time, especially you, good night.
3. Right of quiet enjoyment of premises, quiet enjoyment of life.
Drilling is a public nuisance. And a private nuisance. See http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Right+to+quiet+enjoyment/. And can be a trespass.
Against corporate usurpers, profiteers. A violent trespass against us all.
Quiet enjoyment of premises. A renter's right. We all are temporary on this coil. Give us that right against corporations.
Loss of income is inadequate. Quality of life counts. Some of us seek a modest life, enough, our family, a sensible retirement, good food, health care that fits our needs for care and a dignified, pain-free, as self-directed an end as we can possibly manage, chemical-free nutrition if we want it, shelter, clothing. Reasonable transportation to jobs. National wireless and a reasonable minimal laptop to find them, Kids: readin' ritin' rithmetic, razzmatazz as their generation may foster, and tapping to talk to friends. Just that, for us. Keep your casinoyachtshedgefunds.
A good life. We just want to have one. A decent, unexploited one. A life. Pay out life-disruption damages. The Committee on Calculation of Life-Disruption Quiet Enjoyment Damages will convene tomorrow at a place accessible only by tunnel from -- what?
There is no place safe from the Crude?